Welcome to Jigsaw Online Group Chats!
Jigsaw Online Group chats are for young people between 12 and 25 years-old, living in Ireland. These are live discussions online on mental health themes, facilitated by a Jigsaw clinician.
There is a maximum of 10 spaces on each group. Sign up to a group in advance in the form below. You can apply up to three hours before the chat opens.
The next group chat will be on Monday 18th November at 7pm – 8pm on the theme of ‘coping with feeling low’.
You will be anonymous in the chat. We will only use your email to remind you when it is on and to get feedback.
Group Chat Guidelines
To create a safe and supportive environment, bear in mind the following guidelines:
- Your words matter: talk to people kindly and with respect. You might not always agree with someone’s views, and that’s OK. Make sure to share your own thoughts without belittling someone else’s.
- Think about the language you use. Avoid offensive, sexually explicit or discriminatory comments.
- We want to maintain everyone’s privacy. Don’t use real names, contact details or share anything that could identify you, such as names of friends or school etc. We also ask that you don’t record or take screen shots of the conversation.
- Certain topics are sensitive and best discussed one to one. They may spark memories, feelings or emotions that might be hard to handle. We ask you don’t discuss these topics during the group chats. *Although if any of the following situations are relevant to you, make sure to talk about your experiences with someone you trust.
These topics include:
- Descriptions of self-harm injuries or methods
- Specific details of eating disorders (weight, BMI etc)
- Details of experience of abuse or trauma
- Anything that involves a legal issue/ criminal offence.
You are welcome because you are you. You don’t need to pretend to be someone else, we appreciate your honesty and openness.
If you are accessing the chat on a mobile, click the speech bubble in the bottom right hand corner at the appropriate time to start the chat.
Please read about consent and confidentiality here.
Consent and confidentiality
Our priority is to ensure a safe and supportive environment for everyone participating in the group session.
When you sign up for a group, you will be asked for an email address, location, age and a username (not your real name). We will retain a record of these, a text record of the session and any evaluation form completed. These will be stored electronically on a secure server for 1 year after the conclusion of the group. Information that does not identify individuals may be archived and used by Jigsaw for audit, evaluation and scientific research purposes to ensure that JigsawOnline.ie is working well for young people.
Access to group chat is via the Chatwee platform, embedded on the Jigsaw Group Chat page. Once you have signed up for a group, you will be sent an email containing the password for the group. You should sign in to the group as a guest, and do not need to enter your email address again. Chatwee captures the user’s IP address. Jigsaw will ensure that the IP address is deleted from Chatwee platform following each group.
If we have serious concerns for the safety of someone participating in the group, we may contact them directly by the email provided to try to arrange appropriate 1:1 support. In extreme circumstances we may need to share information, such as an IP address with other services if we are concerned that a person is at immediate risk of harm.
We want to offer the best support possible to every young person who is using Jigsaw Online. We would appreciate if you could complete the evaluation we send you in an email, once the chat has ended. It will only take a few minutes but will make a big difference to us.
You have the right to refuse any information about you being recorded in the way described above and to withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org